Home » Agency » About GOSA
Welcome to the website of the Governor's Office of Student Achievement (GOSA), formerly the Office of Education Accountability.
GOSA strives to increase student achievement and school completion across Georgia through
meaningful, transparent, and objective analysis and communication of statewide data.
In addition, GOSA provides policy support to the Governor and, ultimately, to the citizens of Georgia through:
- An education scoreboard that forthrightly indicates the effectiveness of Georgia's education institutions, from Pre-K through college;
- Research initiatives on education programs in Georgia and corresponding findings to inform policy, budget, and legislative efforts;
- Thorough analysis and straightforward communication of education data to stakeholders;
- Audits of academic programs to ensure that education institutions are fiscally responsible with state funds and faithful to performance accountability requirements; and
- Collaborative work with the Alliance of Education Agency Heads (AEAH) to improve education statewide.
While GOSA's direct affiliation remains with the Governor's office, it also works closely with all of Georgia's education agencies, including the Georgia
Department of Education (GaDOE), the University System of Georgia (USG), the Department of Early Care and Learning (DECAL), the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG), the
Georgia Student Finance Commission (GSFC), and the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (GaPSC).